It requires many organizations and individuals to significantly improve the lives of people at risk for diabetes and those living with diabetes. We firmly believe, no matter who you are or what you do, you have a role to play in the war to conquer diabetes. Consequently, we encourage you to get engaged, because if we coordinate our collective talents and resources, we will start to move Palm Beach County closer to being diabetes-free.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED
- JOIN the Diabetes Coalition as an active member
- COMMIT to one or more programs to support
- VOLUNTEER to serve on a Diabetes Coalition committee
- ATTEND meetings and educational events
- PARTICIPATE in community outreach and screening activities
- PROMOTE awareness of our programs and initiatives
- COLLABORATE and find partners who share your commitment to battling diabetes
- THINK of new strategic initiatives and ideas that can help achieve the Diabetes Coalition’s mission & vision. Then, follow through to assist with implementation
For more information about getting involved, contact us at info@DiabetesCoalitionpbc.org.
- Networking opportunities with like-minded health professionals
- Educational opportunities
- Member scholarship opportunity
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR MEMBERS
- Represent the Coalition’s mission and vision to the public
- Maintain and develop relationships with elected officials, community leaders and organizations
- Recruit project-specific partners
- Actively participate in workgroup committee meetings
- Review agendas and supporting materials prior to meetings
- Complete work assignments as agreed upon outside of meetings
- Assure that the activities and direction of the committees are consistent with the Coalition mission, vision and goals
- Must serve on one work committee
- Must attend quarterly meetings, or send a representative (for corporate partners)
- Must participate in at least two diabetes screening & educational events annually
*Members may not use the Coalition as a means to solicit their own products or services, or to achieve their own personal agenda.
JOIN THE DIABETES COALITION OF PALM BEACH COUNTY
To become a member or to renew your membership, click on the link below.
Membership dues are paid annually and are due April of each year. Annual membership fees are as follows:
Individual $ 40.00
Board Members $ 50.00
Corporate Membership $ 250.00
Membership Dues may be paid via PayPal or by check. If paid by check, please make check payable to Diabetes Coalition of Palm Beach County and mail to: 2051 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. Suite 306, Riviera Beach, FL 33404 Attn: Debby Walters.
Indicate on Check Notation Block, that the check is for: Diabetes Coalition Membership Dues.